Your girlfriend’s going on about her fitness goals. “What about you?” she asks “If you could look like anyone, who would it be?”
You think about it. The honest answer is Kate Hudson, but that’s ridiculous. You’re a size 14 and have about 60 lbs to lose.
“Oh I don’t really care about all that. The scale’s just a number. I’d be happy to lose 5-10 lbs.”
Aren’t you tired of lying to yourself about what you really want?
Once upon a time there was a very smart, very successful girl who had it all… except she was overweight.
Then one day she met another girl who had been just like her… and together they rewrote the smart, successful girl’s next chapter.
Those girls? That’s you and me. I went from 225 lbs and a size 16/18 to a size 2 in 6 months, and I did it as a single mom of two babies under 2, with a bad metabolism and a mountain of debt to climb out from under.
It’s time to write a new chapter and get your groove back.
You’re a powerful woman.
Do you want tomorrow to be different than today? Don’t you want to be fit and healthy next summer, instead of hiding in a wrap?
I’m here for you
To that end, here's a little secret weapon I use almost daily: a protein shake that's worth a protein serving, and/or a veggie serving, and/or a fat serving depending on how you make it.
And the best part? It tastes like ice cream & has the same consistency, but it's packed with optimal nutrition for fat burning and won't derail you.
You can do this with any flavor protein powder and make chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, peanut butter, chocolate chip mint, banana - whatever flavor you like!
Mariah's Ice Cream Tasting Protein Shake
- 1.5 scoops protein powder. You want a whey protein power with less than 2 grams of sugar in it. I use AdvoCare's Muscle Gain, usually in chocolate
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup Egg Beaters. This helps make it thick like ice cream. You can use a generic Egg Beaters, but don't use Egg Whites or Egg Beaters' Egg Whites product - it doesn't get the right consistency
- Stevia, to taste
- Vanilla extract, to taste (you could mix this up and use mint, banana, maple or any extract)
- Water and ice as needed to achieve desired thickness
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup butternut squash soup, pumpkin, or frozen fruit - optional, if you want a carb at this meal
- 1/2 cup green salad from green juicing - optional, if you want a veggie at this meal. When you juice it shoots green salad out the back that you can put in protein shakes
- 1 scoop greens powder - optional, if you want a second (or first) veggie at this meal. I use AdvoCare's AdvoGreens Green Powder - it's a full servings of greens for the day and helps supplement your vegetable intake
- 2 tbsp - 1/4 cup Coconut Crème (they sell it in cans at Trader Joe’s – you can sweeten it with stevia it tastes like ice cream) - optional, if you want a fat at this meal. You can also whip this with some stevia & vanilla extract and place on top as whipped creme
- 1 tbsp nut butter (almond, macademia, hazlenut etc) - optional, if you want a fat at this meal
Enjoy! And remember, I'm always here for you,